*Visiting Fellowships on Power and Social Change*
The Institute of Development Studies, in University of Sussex UK, is offering six visiting fellowships this summer on themes related to power, social change, masculinities, heteronormativity, sexuality etc.
The Participation, Power and Social Change Team at the Institute of Development Studies, UK, will host six Visiting Fellows (VF) during July 2009, as part of a programme of work on Participation and Development Relations (PDR), funded by the Swedish International Development Agenda (Sida) and Swiss Development Co-operation (SDC). The VFs will spend two to four weeks during July in IDS writing up a piece of work that addresses the PDR programme's core themes of power and social change, with a particular focus on questions of masculinity and heteronormativity. These may be published as IDS Working Papers, or as contributions to ongoing collective publications. Exchanges will also be organised between the VFs and with IDS, including lunchtime seminars.
In order to apply you must:
- Have something to say on one or more of the above issues. We are hoping to give people engaged in exciting activism or progressive work an opportunity to write up a story which they would not otherwise have time or space to document. You could write about a struggle, a project, your recent research, your own life. This may be a piece you are already working on and need time to finish or develop for publication. Please look at the Working Papers, IDS Bulletins, and news items listed on the IDS Sexuality webpage to give you an idea of our usual range of formats and themes (http://www.ids.ac.uk/go/sexualityanddevelopment). However, please do feel free to propose something new and different which goes beyond the limits of our own imaginations!
- Be a resident or national of a non-OECD country in order to qualify for the bursary. We welcome OECD applicants who are able to support themselves and can assist you in finding somewhere reasonably cheap to stay for the residency.
- Be able to write well in English
- Be available to be in IDS for at least two weeks during July 2009
Application Deadline: May 22, 2009
Application Process: Please submit
- a one to two page proposal on the piece you would like to write OR a draft piece of work you would like to develop INCLUDING AN ABSTRACT of no less than 300 words
- a short CV & 3-4 line biography describing yourself and the work you do
- a sample of something you have written previously (need not be
- details of when you would be available to come to IDS during July
- details of any funding you/your organisation can contribute eg. could you cover travel costs to reach the UK? Would you need full funding for travel and board?
A selection panel will review the applications and let all candidates know the outcome by the end of May 2009.
Please email your applications and queries about logistics to Stephen Wood at firstname.lastname@example.org
Publicada em: 11/05/2009